I had been saint for too long or perhaps I was a little afraid that whatever resolutions I have made would be broken soon enough when I would come in contact with the members of the opposite sex.
The trip to Goa was an eye opener, whilst that was taken as a professional bet. I knew pretty well if I walked into a pub in my true attire and sense I could have shattered something I was really building on.
Guess for once I was too motivated by the sense of "love" to forgo everything.
Yesterday night, had plans to watch a late night movie "Race" with my school buddy AD. I walked into Lido Mall, Bangalore. Even though the place was a stones throw from my office, this was the first time i was stepping into the place.
We had forgotten the printout and could barely remember the acknowledgement number...my friend nervous from the thought that we would miss the movie was cursing ourselves for being so stupid, and doing the same quite aloud too.
Nature has its own means of self defence and I being a part of it had it inculcated into me to adorn into my true self the moment I feel, a number of hot eyes looking at me and since my friends antics were attracting a lot of attention, I had to be careful....I coolly stepped next to him; put an arm around and asked him to restore a state of tranquillity.
Out aloud I said in a sarcastic tone, "You should save the pre-flight jitters for the airport. Since over there you wouldn't have to worry about going through the entire flight and thinking about the 'simian' you proved yourself to be"...
the girl standing right behind us, chuckled and replied - a good one!
My conscience wanted me to respond back, what does a guy need to start a conversation a justified opening and that was just what she had given...but the promise my outer self had made to the "love" made me step back and acknowledge her precense with a mere smile and look over at the ticket counter, a small talk with the person there assured that we got our rightful tickets...
That was a close shave, turning around I could see every third person to be a hot gal...hmmmm...I took a few moments to compose myself. Walking around the parking lot my friend had lit a ciggerette. I so badly wanted one, but decided against it. I would have shown a bad example if I had not been preachin' "Non-Smoking" jingle...
Instead I acted like a total nerd, a perfect gentleman...opening door for the ladies to being courteous and polite in my talk.
Soon it was time for the movie...the saying, "bhagwaan deta hain to chappar phad ke deta hain" (when god really gives, he opens the skies for you)very evident when I took my seat, whew! three hot babes sittin' to my left and my friend to the right.
If it had been some other day I would have maintained equanimity....but today I was already seething in gentle manly behaviour. And for people who have seen this movie would agree with the explicit use of double meaning words, and for all those the girls sitting right next to me giggling; it was not helping me either...
It seemed like i was preaching a sermon in an idyllic realm.
After a short talk or more likely soft talk, I started joing in on the fun...by interval we were laughing like hell...only when the lights were switched on they realised I was a stranger to them. But that didn't seem to dampen the spirits, we introduced ourselves. From their initial giggle to double meaning jokes, it was clear I was sitin' next to a bunch of virgins...soon they also became aware of the existence of a company right in their backyard. They were school kids definately high in respect for me; since it was the first time an older fella (...to my disappointment ME!!!), acting like a part of their group. They introduced me to rest of their bunch; two rows of girls. I asked them what they would be doin after the movie, couple of horny ones came forward saying they were game for whaever I had planned.
For people who think Bangalore is one dry place, only filled with software nerds and prostitutes on the roadside...a surprise - you don't have to be one hell of a flirt or a rich dude to achieve things...talking also helps and if you make them comfortable speaking to you, then you have actually climbed the first step. Or, you need to have guts like my friend AD accompanying me that day, to look right down their cleavage and make a mocking one-liner of the situation (a couple of my trusted aides do have control over their language, and every word thrown is weighed down and then spoken).
The movie was fantabulous, every part would have an inkling of a different context. We watched the movie in earnest, I trying to control my laughter; purely aggravated to what the girls were doing. Trying to make their hands touch, or coming close and whispering in the ear...the perfume even though intoxicating wasn't good enough to pull me out of the promise I had made to the one I loved.
Towards the end of the movie, five of the girl gang were bursting as ever for the late night prospects. I made my move towards 'Ista' right next to Lido Mall. Spent some time in LIQUID (the bar, within Ista) as always marking the place (finding the key man, in case I do come back to the place). When the date becomes an extended one I have no problems in impressin' the woman folk. They loved the humour, they loved the music, they loved the place...I knew I was wasting time...but so much as my conscience wanted to get inside their slacks...my outer self was just not ready for all that...I made them drunk...then had a priceless time sharing memories.
"A flirt can get anyone to say "yes" but if he can pass that stage and make the girl open up to him so much that his only intrests as per his body language is to just know her better"...then I would say the guy has gone BONKERS!!! That was what I had become, every fleeting moment semi-conciously glimpsing the woman I loved in my head.
We were at 'Zaman' for quite sometime...savouring the un-earthly wines...for food connoisseurs, it's an absolute delight. With the closing hours right around the corner...I thanked everyone from the gracious hotel staff to the chef for bearing us and left the place with everyone being in high spirits...not because of the drink but because of the excellent time we had spent together.
I borrowed the car from my friend, dropped each of the gals at home and then my friend at the airport. I was a sight to remember...stepping down at the airport, my face full of lipstick marks...from the thankful girls...but rather than wiping it clean I made sure my friend was comfortable...at least he would have fine dreams in his long flight back to the States...as for me I would try to get a shut eye as soon as possible to get the face of "Love" in ma dreams...yet again and again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment